Workshops organised by the EBCU for delegates and members
“Tips for a new era of online beer events including tastings and judging” with Markus Raupach
19.30 CET, 18.30 GMT on Thursday 18th March 2021
The beer industry has gone through considerable growth and change over the past 20 years, particularly in the areas of digital marketing and the use of digital events such as online beer tasting and judging. The 2020 pandemic has intensified this trend.
There are many challenges in adapting existing and implementing new event concepts such as beer festivals, competitions and tastings into a digital format.
In this workshop, Markus Raupach will give an overview of his experiences as an online tasting and judging provider and offer essential insights from his experience in developing the Deutsche BierAkademie and as German chair of the World Beer Awards judging team. In addition, Anita Ujszaszi, Awards Director of the World Beer Awards will be participating as a speaker.
The following questions (and more) concern all those who want to move into the world of online tasting:
- What software and hardware is needed?
- How do I behave correctly as a trainer or tutor?
- What equipment do I need?
- What else do I need to consider in the field of digital beer events?
Markus Raupach is President of the German Beer Consumers Union and founder of the German Beer Academy. He is also a beer sommelier, brandy sommelier and cheese sommelier, an experienced international beer judge, member of the British Guild of Beer Writers and the North American Guild of Beer Writers as well as a recipient of the Bamberg Beer Order, board member of Bierland Oberfranken and the Association of Bavarian Brandy Sommeliers.
The workshop is open to EBCU delegates and members of your organisation that run beer tastings.
“Learn & Discover” with Alex Metcalfe, CAMRA’s Learning & Discovery Manager held at 8pm CET, 7pm GMT, on Tuesday 1st December 2020
You are invited to attend a presentation by Alex Metcalfe, who will outline the beer education programme being rolled out by the Campaign for Real Ale to which EBCU members may gain access in 2021.
The online presentation will show how the programme can benefit EBCU member organisations and will include:
- Discovery Zones: which are spaces at beer festivals for anyone who loves beer, cider and perry and wants to find out more. Activities are focused around brewer/maker-led comparative tastings and ingredients aimed at learners with a variety of experience, from beginners up to experienced connoisseur drinkers.
- Learn & Discover: is an online learning platform with 42 items of audio, video, text and photo content targeted via three tiers of learning content from beginners to enthusiasts and connoisseurs. 48 more items of content planned for 2021.
- Educational content from volunteers, drinks sector professionals, educators, brewers, journalists, sommeliers, bloggers and vloggers such as Emma Inch, Roger Protz and Pete Brown.
- Further info…
To register for an online event, please go to http://www.ebcu.org/events