The festivals listed on this page abide by the EBCU volunteers’ code.
There are many reasons for volunteers and festival organisers to sign up to the code.
Please note that events are not running due to the pandemic
|January||Richement Biere||Richemont, France||https://www.richement-biere.fr|
|February||Great British Beer Festival (Winter)||Birmingham, UK||https://winter.gbbf.org.uk/volunteer|
|April||Zythos Bier Festival||Leuven, Belgium||https://www.zbf.be|
|April||Isle of Man Beer & Cider Festival||Douglas, Isle of Man||https://www.iombeerfestival.com|
|April||Les Houblonnades||Dijon, France||https://www.les-houblonnades.fr|
|June||Franconian Beer Festival||Nuremberg, Germany||https://bierfest-franken.de|
|June||Bromsgrove Beer & Cider Festival||Bromsgrove, UK||https://bromsgrovebeerfestival.org.uk/volunteers|
|August||Gents Bierfestival (Ghent Beer Festival)||Ghent, Belgium||https://gentsbierfestival.be|
|December||Christmas Beer Festival||Essen, Belgium||http://www.kerstbierfestival.be|
The EBCU Volunteers’ Code
- The festival has a named point of contact for volunteers including email and phone number.
- Health and other issues are taken into account.
- Roles and jobs are communicated clearly and where possible, preferences are taken into account.
- Any complaints or issues raised by the volunteer are acted upon.
- Adequate volunteers facilities and support are provided, e.g. seating area, non-alcoholic drinks, sufficient breaks etc.
- Volunteers are appreciated and treated with respect.
- Volunteers are made aware of policies that relate to volunteers including code of conduct, equal opportunities and health and safety.
- Expectations of volunteers are made clear including time commitment, job role, presence requirements.
- Benefits and claimable expenses are made clear to the volunteer.
Why have a Volunteers’ Code?
The code helps festival organisers to get more volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. Having volunteers from other countries can generate new ideas for how to improve the festival. It provides an opportunity to utilise the expertise of people from different countries and share best practice from across the EU.
For volunteers, signing up to a festival that has committed to the code helps assure them that they are fully informed about the organisers expectations and that they will be treated appropriately and with respect.